Washington, D.C. — Senator Ted Budd (R-NC) has has joined a coalition letter led by Senator Eric Schmitt (R-MO) and Representative Mark Alford (R-MO) demanding answers from the Biden Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regarding adversaries exploiting the wide-open Southern border to infiltrate the United States.
The letter specifically requests answers to the following questions:
- Considering the ongoing conflict in Israel, please provide confirmation or intelligence as to whether Hamas, Hezbollah, or any Iranian proxy agents have infiltrated our Southern border. If this has occurred, how has the threat been mitigated?
- Since 2021, are you aware of any planned terrorist attack by any terrorist organization being foiled by intercepting individuals illegally crossing the Southern border?
- How many Chinese nationals with ties to the CCP have successfully crossed through our Southern border?
- Have any Chinese foreign nationals who made unauthorized border crossings then attempted to access U.S. military installations?
- What steps are DHS and DoD taking to ensure terrorists are not among the millions of illegal immigrants streaming through our Southern border?
Senator Budd said in a statement:
“The open southern border has created so many issues across the country like drug abuse, human trafficking, increasing crime. But it is also a massive national security issue as well. Just this year, the border patrol has caught over 160 individuals on the FBI’s terrorist watch list trying to illegally enter our country. The American people need answers, and we need them now. We must hold the Biden administration accountable for their dereliction of duty at border.”
The letter is signed by Senators Roger Wicker (R-MS), Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), Rick Scott (R-FL), Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) and Representatives Bill Posey (FL-08), Nancy Mace (SC-01), Carlos Gimenez (FL-28), Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-03), Jason Smith (MO-08), Eric Burlison (MO-07), Randy Weber (TX-14), Morgan Luttrell (TX-08), Andy Biggs (AZ-05), John Joyce (PA-13), Ben Cline (VA-06), Ronny Jackson (TX-13), Mike Collins (GA-10), Chris Smith (NJ-04), and Kat Cammack (FL-03).
Read the full text of the letter HERE.